AIESEC in Vietnam
Last Update: July 9th, 2019
BASICS ABOUT US
We are AIESEC in Vietnam , a youth leadership movement which is passionately driven by one cause: peace and fulfilment of humankind’s potential. We are registered in the official bodies of Vietnam under the number 0308957218 . Our registered address is Unit 603, Vital Building, 16 Dang Tat, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City. We comprise AIESEC in Vietnam and also the 8 local committees across Vietnam
We are committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of our customers and website visitors This policy explains how we process information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual (“personal data”): thus, this policy applies to the situations in which we act as data controller of personal data and explains when and why we collect personal information about individuals, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
COLLECTION AND USAGE OF PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU
The purposes of processing your personal data are to provide the information about our leadership exchange opportunities which represent our fundamental stand as a organization; plus, leadership development opportunities from our national partner – and the legal basis for such activities is consent. Personal data we process may include first name, last name, age, phone number, email, area of studies, year of studies and university.
We gather your personal data the information you fill in the website which eventually go through our CRM system (spreadsheet, podio and mailchimp)
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU
We shall retain personal data up to five (5) years after you have finished your relationship with AIESEC in Vietnam
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU
We process your details internally. However, we may disclose your contact details (name, email, phone number) to companies or organizations that are involved or are willing to be involved in leadership development spaces for exchange participant/membership that we offer, however, only the contact details of you that are directly involved in the exchange departments are subject to be shared. We may also share your contact details to other AIESEC entities or members, in order to facilitate the communication between parties in order to fulfill our operations.
You are guaranteed several rights, which are mentioned below:
- Right to access | You have the right to access your own personal data and the right to receive relevant information regarding the processing of your personal data. Thus, you can ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you so that you can know if and what kind of personal data is being processed, why it is being processed and who is processing it, being able to enforce your rights. You can contact us so as to exercise this right.
- Right to rectification | You have the right to have your personal data rectified/completed in case it is inaccurate/incomplete. You can contact us so as to exercise this right.
- Right to erasure | In certain circumstances, you may request the erasure of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing. You can contact us so as to exercise this right.
- Right to restriction of processing | Under certain circumstances, we may suspend processing activities – and you may also ask us to pause the processing of your personal data. In other words, we will keep your data, but won’t further process it – and you can contact us so as to exercise this right.
- Right to data portability | You may obtain your data from us so as to transfer it to another system: thus, we will provide you with a copy in a structured, commonly used format. You can contact us so as to exercise this right.
- Right to object | In some circumstances, you have the right to object (*i.e., say that you don’t – or no longer – agree with the processing and ask us to stop) to the processing of your personal data regarding your particular situation. This right applies to processing based on direct marketing purposes and, usually, to some other purposes (such as some legitimate interests).
- Rights regarding automated decision making | You have the primary right not to be subject to activities only based on automated processing and whose decision has legal or relevant effects on you. However, whenever we carry out automated decision making (either because of a contract or because of your consent), you shall be able to be informed, express your point of view, challenge eventual decisions and obtain human intervention. You can contact us so as to gather further information.
If you have provided consent for the processing of your data, you have – in certain circumstances – the right to withdraw that consent at any time, which will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent was withdrawn.
By the way, if you want to know more about your rights, we suggest that you read the guidance provided by the Information Commissioner’s Office of the United Kingdom, which is available online.
Lastly, if you are not happy with the way we are dealing with personal data, you may contact a supervisory authority:
ABOUT YOUR PRIVACY
Information shall be handled based on the principle of confidentiality, so it is stored securely and accessed by authorised individuals only. We are committed to implementing and maintaining appropriate technical, security and organisational measures to protect personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and use, and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft or disclosure
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice. Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure: even doing our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site (so any transmission is at your own risk), but, once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
OUR PRIVACY MANAGER/DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We have a Privacy Manager/Data Protection Officer who is responsible for matters regarding privacy and data protection. Thus, in case you have any questions regarding this policy and/or our privacy practices:
Unit 603, Vital Building, 16 Dang Tat, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1
700000, Ho Chi Minh City
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT US
In case you want to contact us, please feel free to do so!
AIESEC in Vietnam
700000, Ho Chi Minh City
Phone: 028 6299 1449
REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
We keep this policy under regular review, so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. This policy was last updated in July 9th, 2019